My costume is all done and looking forward to seeing the new year in tonight!
The basque binding went back on easily and the shape reflects the skirt waist line much better.
Very festive I thought! Though cutting it up makes a bit of a mess!
Next I tackled cutting the dress into a skirt , I put the dress on and drew round round my waist with tailors chalk pencil.
Then added 1cm seam allowance, checking balance as I went.
The dress was lined so I stay stitched the two layers together. Then as I wanted to reuse the original zip, I made sure the zipper was down before cutting .
I cut a 6cm deep strip from the bodice of the dress to make the facing, I ironed on some interfacing and overlocked the bottom edge.
Pinning centres and quarters, I stitched the facing to the skirt and understitched , turning the ends under and hand stitching along the zip edge, as the skirt is pretty heavy and the zip doesn’t now have a top to lock closed and am determined (for everyone’s safety/sanity) that it doesn’t fall down – I attached cotton tapes at the waist which I can tie for added security.
Just need some feathers for my hair and I’m ready !
Hope you all have a fabulous New Year and wishing you everything you wish yourselves for 2017 !