A while back I found a skirt pattern in a Burda magazine which I fancied making, it’s a tulip shape with yoke and pockets!
I have finally got round to tracing out the pattern , I opted for a size 38/10 which is a little optimistic, however I am making a toile so I can adjust (make bigger) as necessary.
I traced the pattern onto calico, I will have to stay stitch all the pieces before making up as I didn’t trace on the grain – which is why you are supposed to trace onto paper.
I added the seam allowance and hems .
I’ll whizz up the toile and see how (or if) it fits and then I plan to make it up in cotton , I have a lovely wax print which is currently a full length kaftan but am hopeful has enough fabric in it to make this skirt , I won’t be able to pattern match but as the seams are on the sides I should get away with it!
I’ll let you know how I get on.