Making Progress February 

Hello 

Thought I would share my makes for this month, I have been quite busy and have finished up quite a few  pieces

The first was a chunky knit waist coat , burda knit pattern All about the blues with 2 strands of stash wool, I struggled with the brioche edging , apparently I can’t chat and knit , I pulled it back several times to correct the edge and then started over when it ended up too long , second time I knitted it up was much more successful and am pleased with the result , check out the shawl pin from genny2828 on eBay. 

Next I got the crochet hook out and joined up some pretty crocheted squares I found at a charity shop with remnant wool , the result is pretty colourful and my joins are pretty mountainous but the cat loves it 🐈

Whilst the hook was still out I crocheted a cosy for a friend’s gym bottle , pretty chuffed that it fitted like a glove .

I relined a favourite bag adding an extra internal pocket and a clip for hanging your keys , hate having to rummage round !

I also made a crochet hook caddy as a gift for a friend, sewn using stashed rose print upholstery weight cotton and fastened with a button and fabric covered elastic loop.

And lastly having found some fabulous vintage navy and silver lurex wool, that I had forgotten I had ! 

I sourced a fab vintage pattern from bookandknits see here on etsy and am now almost halfway up the front , although this is growing a great deal slower than knitting the waistcoat , hope I don’t have to pull this back !

I have really enjoyed finishing up all these projects, and am very pleased to have used up stashed goodies , here’s hoping March is as productive !

What have you been making ? 

Advertisements

Star Jersey Quilted Baby Playmat

Hello

I have just finished making a playmat as a new baby gift, As I like a challenge, I choose to applique stars onto a fab green jersey, I was a bit apprehensive about quilting a stretchy fabric , but was amazed to find it quilted without any problem!

The stars were cut from stashed cotton fabrics as was the seersucker binding.

I used green jersey on both sides sandwiching fleece in between as batting , the result is a lovely soft and warm playmat .
The stars were tacked and then hand embellished with simple running stitches,  when these were all done I added the jersey backing , ensuring the layers were flat took a bit of extra time .

Once it was all pinned securely,  it was on to my Bernina and her walking foot to echo quilt the design.

The quilting was led by the design , I edge stitched a central star and then worked across to the next one until all stars were done I echo stitched the outline of the design, was fun to do and so pleased with the finished result.
 Let me know what you think.