New Years Eve Costume – Completed

Hi Everyone 

My costume is all done and looking forward to seeing the new year in tonight!

The basque binding went back on easily and the shape reflects the skirt waist line much better.

I added a sequin trim by cutting a strip from another great charity shop find !

Very festive I thought!  Though cutting it up makes a bit of a mess!

Next I tackled cutting the dress into a skirt , I put the dress on and drew round round my waist with tailors chalk pencil.

Then added 1cm seam allowance,  checking balance as I went.

The dress was lined so I stay stitched the two layers together. Then as I wanted to reuse the original zip, I made sure the zipper was down before cutting .

 

I cut a 6cm deep strip from the bodice of the dress to make the facing, I ironed on some interfacing and overlocked the bottom edge.

Pinning centres and quarters,  I stitched the facing to the skirt and understitched , turning the ends under and hand stitching along the zip edge, as the skirt is pretty heavy and the zip doesn’t now have a top to lock closed and am determined (for everyone’s safety/sanity) that it doesn’t fall down – I attached cotton tapes at the waist which I can tie for added security.

Just need some feathers for my hair and I’m ready !

Hope you all have a fabulous New Year and wishing you everything you wish yourselves for 2017 !

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “New Years Eve Costume – Completed”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s